Author Topic: updated to 2.5 , but coins won't show as spendable balance  (Read 332 times)

CBX

• View Profile
updated to 2.5 , but coins won't show as spendable balance
« on: October 09, 2016, 02:19:24 AM »
ok , so i followed the directions to install version 2.5 - first i backed up my roaming folder , including of course the wallet.dat file , then cleared the roaming folder , and then installed and ran and allowed the 2.5 version to sync from block 0 , then i shut it down , replaced the wallet.dat file , and restarted the wallet - it is displaying the list of 887 different transactions I've had , and it is displaying the total interest earned accurately as well

BUT

it is not giving me any spendable balance (which should be a little shy of 4 million) - that is still showing as 0 , despite being fully synced with a couple dozen connections and staying synced with new blocks coming in.

any advice as to what i'm doing wrong here / what i need to do differently to get this to display my spendable balance properly now with this new 2.5 wallet ???

*i had 2 transactions , which had displayed as being mined , which seem to be what's going on with this:

10/5/2016 22:45 Mined nRhDB9M41hrEBzvgAS4aXEncVnkpgSD6Kv 66814.12201667
Date: 10/5/2016 22:45
Source: Generated
Debit: 0.00 NET
Net amount: -2111518.67573966 NET
Transaction ID: fdbefb4f76e34651cf22a6a663dd1a7dd9b9930322fabb407f2efbaaf30e665c

10/5/2016 22:45 Mined nMh9tB1H5Ah6WBDAfH3WXW1gXGhTquuNEK 54725.61836281
Date: 10/5/2016 22:45
Source: Generated
Debit: 0.00 NET
Net amount: -1738039.096598 NET
Transaction ID: 32fff00e275f19c7584cb8fbdb7166ef414ad181d9c52f51c7b64b45555c634b

It shows that these were both generated but not accepted , and transaction details show these as being conflicted. The total amount of those 2 transactions is the amount I should have in my spendable balance - and why in the world I'd get a negative net amount on a mined transaction makes no sense to me - I should have been credited a gain on these 2 transactions , not have the 2 of them add up to zeroing out my spendable balance - is there some way to force a re-check of these transactions ? Very confused as to what's going on here and how to fix it.

**I've found 3 potential fixes to this , but do not wish to attempt these without some sort of input about what way should be correct.

fix1 - install pywallet , and forceably delete those transactions from my local wallet , in theory forcing it to disregard those conflicted transactions and display my correct spendable balance

fix2 - open cmd , and do netcoin-qt.exe -rescan , forcing the wallet to rescan all my transactions , and in theory it will then recognize those as invalid transactions and reject them , thus displaying my correct spendable balance after the rescan

fix3 - do getrawtransaction from the debug console , and attempt to rebroadcast by using sendrawtransaction either from my local wallet , or from a different node on another computer , so then when they get rebroadcast they'd come back as rejected , and then display my correct spendable balance

Seems like any of those *might* work , but I'd prefer not Fing things up here.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:28:20 AM by CBX »

BigJohnson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: updated to 2.5 , but coins won't show as spendable balance
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 06:30:12 PM »
Okay so go to help tab in the client. Then debug window, and console tab. Type checkwallet

If it says mismatched coins type repairwallet.     Also typing help will bring up all available commands for Netcoin.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fix2 - open cmd , and do netcoin-qt.exe -rescan , forcing the wallet to rescan all my transactions , and in theory it will then recognize those as invalid transactions and reject them , thus displaying my correct spendable balance after the rescan

You can try if this doesn't work. Hope this helps
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:32:53 PM by BigJohnson »

BigJohnson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 06:37:19 PM »
Also--- http://forum.netcoin.io/index.php?topic=428.msg578#new  v2.5.1 on the way so keep an eye out and make sure you shutdown sometime Thursday..

CBX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 10:08:43 AM »
Ah thank you much that worked a charm :) I for one think netcoin still has incredible potential. We use the interNET we can use NETcoin to pay for stuff on the internet. The current extremely discounted value and name alone puts it in a unique position to make folks rich for very little investment , given that it continues to be maintained , and a core group of people keep using it , mining it , and spreading the word about it. I know I've done my part telling coworkers in my tech support office about it who know about crypto and some even have a few - the consensus is it's worth crap now but millionaires will be made in maybe 10 years , solely because it *sounds* official and legitimate and not like most everything else some joke toy token from a video game , all of which are sure to die off. Sure , it was recently almost delisted by bitfinex with low volume (but survived yay true believers!), and is traded on some lesser known exchanges (cryptopia for one) , and it still works exactly like it should and hey gets updated to boot. Low trade volume is bad , but most people have netcoin to stake it and grow it for the extreme long term. Me and my 4M netcoin are in.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:10:50 AM by CBX »

BigJohnson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 05:42:41 PM »
Ah thank you much that worked a charm :) I for one think netcoin still has incredible potential. We use the interNET we can use NETcoin to pay for stuff on the internet. The current extremely discounted value and name alone puts it in a unique position to make folks rich for very little investment , given that it continues to be maintained , and a core group of people keep using it , mining it , and spreading the word about it. I know I've done my part telling coworkers in my tech support office about it who know about crypto and some even have a few - the consensus is it's worth crap now but millionaires will be made in maybe 10 years , solely because it *sounds* official and legitimate and not like most everything else some joke toy token from a video game , all of which are sure to die off. Sure , it was recently almost delisted by bitfinex with low volume (but survived yay true believers!), and is traded on some lesser known exchanges (cryptopia for one) , and it still works exactly like it should and hey gets updated to boot. Low trade volume is bad , but most people have netcoin to stake it and grow it for the extreme long term. Me and my 4M netcoin are in.

Hey thanks for the kind words. You couldn't have stated it any better. I think Netcoin will always be and is still very young. As always we plan on keeping it updated and maybe explore some new things along the way as we want a great coin with services and happy users. Something fair for every staker.

I think NET will show its self through time. The foundation will always be here to support Netcoin and its user base and that alone is more than most coins can say for themselves.

Thanks again for all your support and hope you continue to enjoy your Netcoins as much as I do.

Go NET!!! :D